The Spacecraft Control Toolbox (SCT) for MATLAB® lets you design, analyze, and simulate spacecraft. This product is used worldwide by leading research and development organizations and spacecraft manufacturers. Over two thousand functions are provided for attitude and orbit dynamics, simulation, estimation, analysis, and design. You can build a satellite model using the graphical CAD tools; design and analyze the control systems; perform disturbance analyses and test the control system in a six-degree-of-freedom simulation – all in the MATLAB environment. You can do all the steps required in designing spacecraft control systems including
- Select and size actuators (RWAs, thrusters, magnetic torquers, CMGs)
- Lay out your spacecraft with the built-in CAD tools
- Perform disturbance analyses
- Design attitude measuring systems (star-based, planet sensors, GPS)
- Design attitude control systems including torque distribution
- Simulate your spacecraft including actuator and body attitude dynamics coupled with orbit dynamics
- Perform thermal analyses
- Perform mission analyses
- Generate mass, pointing, inertia, and link budgets
The toolbox is available in three editions: Professional, Academic, and CubeSat. The Pro Edition provides comprehensive software and extensive examples for designing any spacecraft control system, anywhere in the solar system. Add-on modules are available to the Pro Edition for formation flying, fusion propulsion, launch vehicles, solar sails, and spin-axis attitude determination in a transfer orbit. The Academic Edition is a subset of the Pro software that is intended for undergraduate and graduate-level attitude control system design and analysis. The CubeSat Toolbox is our entry-level product that has been specially designed for CubeSat teams.
Fill out the form below to request a quote or a demo!
- Access the online API on our support site for documentation for all of the functions and demos in the toolboxes.
- Download our toolbox brochure for detailed products descriptions and a case study.
- View our comparison table [pdf] for more information on what’s included in the different versions of the toolbox.
Our software license is perpetual and includes complete source code. All PSS products include 90 days of free telephone support and one year of free email technical support and product updates. PSS will create custom scripts and add new functionality at user request. Annual maintenance fees provide software updates and additional technical support. Your purchase of the Professional or Academic Editions includes access to our comprehensive textbook, Spacecraft Attitude and Orbit Control. The Spacecraft Control Toolbox is EAR99 and generally does not require an export license, however an export check will be performed for all international customers. For complete license details, refer to the Software License Agreement.
Please use your corporate or university email address. You must include a complete mailing address if you would like a response to your inquiry. This includes institution, street address, city, mailing code and country. You should check our distributors page to contact your local distributor directly.